• Come see Cibola one-act plays @2:00 & 7:00pm on 5/18 in the PAC!
  • Come support Cibola Cibola Piano on 5/17 @7:00 pm in the PAC!
  • Congratulations Cibola Preforming Arts for their production of Mamma Mia! winning Best Production at the Enchantment Award!
  • Cibola Commencement is Wednesday, May 22nd, 9:30 am @ Tingley Coliseum
The Student News Site of Cibola High School

The Golden Word

The Golden Word

The Golden Word

Use a different kind of Card for the museum

The Main Library in downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.

Tired of paying for the museum or just have a library card collecting dust? Go to your local library to get access to the special programs collection. Ranging from bird watching kits to ukuleles, this collection has a whole host of items for a fun summer.

The most interesting of the items in the special collections is the museum day passes. For the price of free, you can, with your library card borrow one of these passes to the:

Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
    Albuquerque Museum of Art and History
    Explora Science Center & Children’s Museum
    Maxwell Museum of Anthropology
    National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
    New Mexico Holocaust Museum

Every library branch in the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Library system except for the special collections library has their own selection of special programs and their own museum passes. The closest library to Cibola, the Rudolfo Anaya library, hasĀ  the Albuquerque Museum pass, Explora pass, family pass, New Mexico Holocaust Museum pass, Albuquerque International Balloon Museum pass, Maxwell Museum of Anthropology pass, National Museum of Nuclear Science & History pass. Each pass allows for 4 people in a group to enter for free and the Family pass allows for 6.

For those less interested in museums, don’t fret; Rudolfo Anaya is also a seed library pick up location for those interested in gardening, has ukuleles for those interesting in learning a new instrument, a beginning birding kit for those more nature oriented, an early literacy kits for big siblings who want to help teach their younger siblings how to learn, and for bakers the library even has cake pans.

The Rudolfo Anaya librarians also asked that we inform Cibola students that the library has a large collection of CDs and DVDs to check out.

More information on the special services can be found at: https://abqlibrary.org/Services-Programs/SpecialPrograms