• Congratulations to Cibola softball for being 1st in 5A Dictricts!
  • PROM at Explora on 5.4.24 from 8:00-10:00pm!
  • Powder Puff Juniors vs. Seniors Battle for Glory and Bragging Rights, May 1st @ 6pm Cibola Soccer Fields
The Student News Site of Cibola High School

The Golden Word

The Golden Word

The Golden Word

New Cibola Cell Phone Policy in Place April 8th

Courtesy of the Cibola High School Administration

When school comes back into session after our two-week-long spring break (April 8th), Cibola High School is going to be mandating a much more strict cell phone policy.

On Monday, March 11th, Ms. Finke, our principal, sent out an email with an attached Google Doc and Google Slides presentation that contained information about the new policy. During the weeks of March 11th and March 18th, students will also be getting the same documents presented to them in their social studies classes by administration. 

According to the new policy, students will be able to use their cell phones during passing periods and lunch, but it prohibits the use of cell phones during instructional time (unless a teacher says otherwise), and they will be kept in a cell phone pocket that all teachers will be receiving. 

There are two exceptions to this rule: 1) If a student or their family is having some sort of emergency, they are to let their teacher know and they will be able to keep their phone on them. 2) During a campus-wide emergency, students will be able to keep their phones on them.

There are 5 different violations to students that don’t follow the policy, starting from a verbal warning all the way down to confiscation of the device and getting it returned to the parent only after the student’s completion of community service. (Every violation is listed in the featured image attached to this article.)

View Comments (1)