• Congratulations to Cibola softball for being 1st in 5A Dictricts!
  • PROM at Explora on 5.4.24 from 8:00-10:00pm!
  • Powder Puff Juniors vs. Seniors Battle for Glory and Bragging Rights, May 1st @ 6pm Cibola Soccer Fields
The Student News Site of Cibola High School

The Golden Word

The Golden Word

The Golden Word

APS Proclaims: No More Snow Days

Albuquerque Public Schools on Tuesday announced that asynchronous learning policies will now be in place on days when school is canceled due to inclement weather or on PSAT, SAT, and graduation days. 

On those days, teachers will be required to post assignments in Google Classroom, and students will be expected to do those assignments. If students don’t have access to the internet or a device to do these assignments, they will be given extra time to complete them once school is back in session. 

In the past, the announcement of a snow day meant that students and teachers could sleep in and enjoy the day off. These missed days were typically made up at the end of the school year, after the scheduled last day of school.

Due to the elongated APS calendar for the 2023-2024 school year, our official last day of school is on May 31st. So, if we ever had to make up any school days due to inclement weather, our school year wouldn’t be ending until the start of June.

View Comments (1)